Ryan Solonynko founded Games of Awe as a game development company dedicated to creating games that fill players with a sense of awe. The goals of this company are to make games that:
- Challenge the player
- Are simple to understand, but difficult to master
- Can be played casually or competitively
- Have few, if any, luck-based elements
- Combine different game mechanics to make something unique and interesting
Games like TF2, Pokemon, Magic the Gathering and Battle for Wesnoth have proven to be a huge inspiration for him.
In addition to video games, Ryan has also participated in:
- competitive archery and bowling
- SCUBA diving, holding many PADI certifications with 30+ dives in the Mediterranean Sea.
It is also rumored that Ryan can bend the fabric of time and space, but sources are conflicted.